October 14th, 2008

white chocolate macadamia nut pumpkin cookies

pumpkin cookies 2

no doubt about it – it’s time to start breaking out the pumpkin recipes. there’s no wrong time of year for it, but there’s just something about the chill of the fall and the colors of the trees that makes every pumpkin flavored thing more magical. and while pies are going to be dominating everyone’s lives over the next month, i wanted to try something new.

pumpkin cookie dough 1

these cookies are like taking tiny pumpkin pies with you wherever you go, and there’s definitely nothing wrong with that. the combination of white chocolate and pumpkin is surprisingly refreshing – i can’t believe i haven’t seen more recipes featuring both.

pumpkin cookie dough 2

i based this recipe on the never-fail tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe, with the ingredient amounts slightly tweaked to adjust for the moisture of the pumpkin. there are 2 things that happen as a result: the cookies have to bake for almost twice the amount of time, and the texture becomes much more moist and cakey. they’re irresistible with a giant glass of milk.

pumpkin cookies 4

i’ll be honest: these cookies are ridiculously amazing. i cannot stop eating them. if you’ve got weak self control in the presence of delicious sweets, you might want to make these and give them to your best friends as halloween or thanksgiving gifts. and if you’re already overloaded on pumpkin recipes, save this one for later and bring back the flavors of the fall all year round.

pumpkin cookies 3

white chocolate macadamia nut pumpkin cookies
adapted from the from the toll house chocolate chip cookie recipe.

3 cups flour
cloves to taste
ground ginger to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups white chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

1. in a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. in a large bowl, soften the butter in the microwave and cream in the white and brown sugars, pumpkin, vanilla, and eggs. add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger to taste (or smell). if you don’t have all of those spices, pumpkin pie spice works just as well.

3. gradually mix in the flour and add the white chocolate and  macadamia nuts. spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. remove to cool on racks and serve immediately with a glass of  milk as you lounge in front of a roaring fire.

18 Comments for white chocolate macadamia nut pumpkin cookies - why not leave some love?

1. Y says:

Awesome. I’ve never seen a pumpkin cookie before, and I love how they’re described as being like mini pumpkin pies. Is this the ultimate PeteBakes original? :D

2. sara angel says:

i’ve never seen a pumpkin/chocolate cookie before..let alone with nuts. it sounds like an amazing combination though. i’ll have to try it out soon :]

3. dawn says:

Now this is how a pumpkin cookie should be. Awesome!

4. jennie says:

how many cookies does this make? sounds delish!

i’m a biggg fan of any pumpkin!

5. petebakes says:

@jennie – this makes between 2-3 dozen, depending on how big you make them. i made them pretty large and got closer to 2 dozen.

6. Shanna says:

I’m totally with you on the pumpkin/white choc chips. In general, I’m not a fan of the white ‘chocolate’ but with pumpkin, it’s truly a taste sensation that should not be missed. Can’t wait to try your take on them.

Shan

7. Kevin says:

I really like the sound of adding pumpkin to my favorite cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!! They look really good!

8. Brenda & Eddie Erwin says:

Hi Pete,
    Hubby and I like your recipes..We enjoy cooking from scratch verses box cookin and one other thing we like pumpkin bread but not much else from pumpkin..So we like your pumpkin recipe because you smother the pumpkin taste with white choc and mac nuts…Going to give this a try…Wonderful for the autumn/thanksgiving holiday seasons…Or just for the munchie seasons..lol…Thank you and happy baking..The Erwins
    P.S Looking forward to more recipes..

9. Jaime says:

These sound really yummy! Could you give us an idea of how much of each spice you used? Also I noticed that in the ingredients it says baking powder and in the directions it says baking soda…which one should I use. Thanks for sharing your recipes!!! I really enjoy your website!

10. petebakes says:

@Jaime – you should use baking powder (i corrected the directions, thanks!) as for the spices, i probably started with about a teaspoon of each and just added dashes as i went to taste. i like my cookies with a little kick, so don’t be shy about adding more!

11. Tiffany says:

These do look delicious- great flavor combination! since you are so into the pumpkin recipes, have you tried Martha Stewart’s recipe for pumpkin cookies with brown butter frosting? Yum.

12. Emily says:

I love this recipe! I am a huge pumpkin-o-holic, and these are amazing! I sprinkled a little cinnamon-sugar on top right before I put them in the oven and it adds a little something. I also did a batch where I used completely organic ingredients and they still tasted amazing!!!

13. Tiffany F. says:

I made these cookies only because I had extra pumpkin filling – and I really like them! They are a different flavor than most cookies, and not too sweet (which I like).

My mom came home and tried a bite and was a bit unsure what she thought. However, she quickly became addicted by the time she finished her second cookie :). Thanks, Pete!

14. Janicia says:

Hi Pete! I’m gonna bake some pumpkin cookies in time for Halloween..

By the way, is there anything else I should blend in, besides pumpkin, to make the pumpkin puree?

15. sue says:

OMG, these are terrific!!!! I used pecan pieces (I always keep some in the freezer for baking) instead of macademia. As for the spices I used 1 1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice then added 1/8 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and an extra dash of nutmeg, just because:0) I also like an extra kick of spice, like you said. Thank you so much, I love your website!

16. tomx says:

You are absolutely right. These are ‘ridiculously amazing’. You just can’t have enough once you take a bite.
    bad credit loans

17. Rebecca says:

These were incredible and tasted just like Mrs. Fields version. I added craisins and used 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of the other spices.

18. xl pharmacy says:

I love these cookies are incredible good and so sweet my children they really like it

© 2014 pete bakes! | powered by WordPress with Barecity | about | recipes | archives | RSS